Sunday, October 30, 2011

Been making some 3D video!

I've been going through my recent archive of 3D video and re-composing the material using the methods I outlined in this post. I've also worked out hwat I think is a way to 'provoke' YouTube into performing the processing that allows a 3D video to work properly on devices like the LG Optimus 3D and HTC Evo 3D.

If I upload the video directly from Magix Movie Edit Pro MX Plus the 'yt3d' tags are already included. But YouTube may not recognize them for up to 48 hours...or at least that is how long it has taken a couple of my videos to play properly on my glasses-free LG Optimus 3D phone.

But if I edit the video and remove all tags, play it once or twice with no tags, then put the tags back in...I have been able to play the video properly on my phone with in half an hour of uploading it.

Maybe correlation isn't causation and I was just lucky...and YouTube are speeding up their processing of properly composed 3D video. I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has seen the same thing or finds this information useful and checks it out for themselves.

Here is my latest video. This one was playing on my phone in split (side-by-side) mode...and then stopped and resumed in full screen 3D. This was after I performed the steps outlined above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I delete spam and abusive / rude comments. Other than that, say what you like.